Thank you for visiting the website and our FAQs page! Please click on the section below that addresses your questions about buying tickets, our concert season and learning more about us.
Should you need further assistance, please call the office at 610-866-4382 and speak to Mike DeCrosta (ext. 110) or Renee James (ext. 115) or email Mike at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you!
COVID PROTOCOL for ALL BACH CHOIR CONCERTS & EVENTS:
Vaccination required: All patrons aged 12+ attending an in-person concert or event must be vaccinated and show proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination before being admitted into any indoor concert venue. Proof may be offered digitally via a smartphone, an original vaccination card, or a digital or printed copy of the card, along with a personal ID card (license or other form).
This policy is subject to change, in accordance with guidelines from the CDC and the Commonwealth of PA and will be revised as more age groups become eligible for vaccination. The Bach Choir will continue to monitor the conditions that impact our policies and modify our restrictions as needed.
Masks required: Mask wearing is required for all patrons. It must must be placed properly, covering nose and mouth. Musicians will wear masks but may remove them to sing or play an instrument as needed.
CLICK HERE to read our complete COVID policy.
When is the Gala | Yo-Yo Ma / Kathryn Stott Concert on sale?
Our Gala concert scheduled for April 30, 2022 goes on sale in November, 2021:
GUARANTORS may purchase tickets starting on November 1, 2021
General Public Sales begin on November 15, 2021
How do I purchase tickets?
- Place your ticket order online, through the mail or by phone: 610-866-4382 ext. 110 or ext. 115.
- To order online, you’ll need your email address and Bach password. If you don’t remember your password, follow the instructions to reset your password. Please check your junk folder if it doesn’t appear in your inbox. Then click to reset your password and continue your transaction.
- If this is your first online ticket purchase with us, you will need to create an online account using your email address.
May I use a credit card?
Yes! We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Our online server is secure and we do not store your card’s information without your permission.
How are tickets delivered?
- Tickets to attend a Live Performance | Delivery: You may choose from the following to receive your tickets: by mail, at “Will Call” to pick up at the performance venue, or Print-At-Home.
- Tickets to view a Virtual Performance | Delivery: After placing your VIRTUAL TICKET order, you will receive an email confirmation from The Choir. Please do the following:
- CLICK ON THE LINK in that email to activate your virtual reservation.
- SAVE the email: on the day of the concert you will use that link to view the livestream.
- Please contact us if your are unable to find your confirmation email and we will resend your viewing link to you.
Are seats reserved?
Yes, many of our concerts offer reserved seats. Concerts in Baker Hall at Zoellner Arts Center are General Admission tickets. See below for additional information about reserved and Priority seats.
- Reserved Seats: For concerts with reserved seats, you may choose your seat(s) by clicking your choice(s) on our seating charts online.
- Priority Seats: Guarantors may choose from the PRIORITY SEATS available at our Christmas and Spring Concerts. (NOTE: Unsold Priority seats will be open to all patrons one week before the concert.)
- GUARANTORS: See below for your “How-To” Guide to booking your Priority Seats.
- VIRTUAL Christmas Concert tickets do not have a seating chart.
- Greg Funfgeld Family Concert is General Admission Seating so no seating chart will appear.
What should I know about buying Bethlehem Bach Festival tickets?
- 2022 Bethlehem Bach Festival: Tickets are on sale in August, 2021, via mail or phone. The Festival goes on sale online in January, 2022.
- Packer Church Concerts: All seats are reserved. Priority seating for Guarantors is determined by Guarantor number, based on availability and order deadlines. Guarantor Priority Seating order deadline: December 7, 2021 and your seats will be confirmed following that date. Once Guarantor seats have been confirmed, all patrons will be seated in their purchased section using “best available” option.
What is your “latecomer” policy?
With respect for the artists performing at our concerts, and to provide an uninterrupted experience for our audience, we seat late-comers at the discretion of the Director, based on the music being performed. During designated pauses in each piece, we will seat you in the nearest available seat. If the concert has an intermission, you may take your purchased seat at that time.
What is your refund policy?
- 2021-2022 Ticket Policy: Bach Choir tickets are sold on a non-refundable basis. Please note: For any concert The Choir cancels this season due to COVID-19 restrictions, patrons may request a refund for their tickets or donate the value of their tickets to The Choir.
How old is The Bach Choir?
The Bach Choir of Bethlehem is America’s oldest Bach choir. Founded in 1898, we gave the first performance of J.S. Bach’s Mass in B Minor in this country in 1900. In 1901, we gave the first performance of his Christmas Oratorio. Our singers volunteer their time and talent, and are chosen by audition to share this glorious music.
This season, we are celebrating the distinguished career of Greg Funfgeld, as he leads The Choir and Bach Festival Orchestra in his 39th and final season as our Artistic Director and Conductor. Come celebrate with us and enjoy the exquisite program of music Greg has programmed this year.
What do you perform each year?
We build each season around the music of J.S. Bach and other composers, mostly from the baroque period. However, Bach was influenced by and did influence many, many composers and we regularly perform music from contemporary composers as well. This year includes the following ticketed concerts and events:
- Core Season Concerts: Christmas, Family and Spring Concerts
- Our Bethlehem Christmas Concert on Sunday, December 12, 2021 will be live-streamed and presented to an in-person audience.
- Bethlehem Bach Festival: May 13 & 14; 20 & 21, 2022
- Our Mass in B Minor concert on Saturday, May 21, 2022 will be live-streamed and presented to an in-person audience.
- Bel Canto Youth Chorus Concerts: Winter and Spring
We also present the following concerts/events free and open to the public:
- Bach at Noon | Bethlehem
- September – November; January – April
- Bach at Noon | Allentown
- June – August
- Bethlehem Bach Festival: Bach Outdoors, Distinguished Scholar Lecture, Chorale Sing prior to the Mass in B Minor
CLICK HERE to reach our season overview. From this page, you can explore each concert in more detail on the website.
The links below will take you to a variety of pages on the website, with information about The Choir or contacts you can reach out to for additional information.
AUDITIONS: Held each year, they will take place in July and August for The Bel Canto Youth Chorus and in September for The Bach Choir.
CHOIR HISTORY: please visit our Archive page for a brief overview of our organization’s history.
BACH 101: This page is a bountiful resource of information about a number of Bach’s compositions, along with selected other composers. Click on Bach 101 from the box at the top of the page.
YOUTH EDUCATION: Please choose “Bach to School” from the box at the top of the page to learn more about our program that reaches students with an interactive and fun program about the life and music of J.S. Bach.