Administrative Assistant and Special Events Coordinator – Full-time Salaried position
The position of Administrative Assistant and Special Events Coordinator for The Bach Choir of Bethlehem will be opening on January 2, 2017. Applications will be accepted by the Executive Director Bridget George, firstname.lastname@example.org as of October 10, 2016 – see application procedure below. Compensation and benefits commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1898, the world renowned Bach Choir of Bethlehem now offers 32 concerts and educational programs a year for an audience of more than 21,000.
The Choir seeks an individual with exceptional people and organizational skills for the full-time position of Administrative Assistant and Special Events Coordinator. She/He will report to the executive director and help to support the artistic director and an office team of marketing director, development officer, and finance manager. She/He is directly responsible for coordination of special events including the annual Gala and for general office management including maintaining the CRM database and merchandise sales. She/He assists colleagues with board, choir, and orchestra communications; concert logistics; box office management; and development/marketing tracking and mailings.
• Two or more years’ experience in arts administration
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education plus experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Website software, Power Point, and CRM systems preferred
• Excellent people and communication skills
• Passion for the mission of The Bach Choir of Bethlehem and choral/orchestral music
• Organized and meticulous individual able to work well as part of a small team in a demanding environment
• Sunny disposition and “Can do” attitude
To be considered for this position, please email the following to Executive Director Bridget George: email@example.com
• A cover letter including your interest in the position and what you will bring to the organization
• A resume outlining your education and professional experience
• Three professional references