2016-2017 Zimmermann's Coffee House Auditions:
This unbuttoned event is modeled after Zimmerman's Coffee House of Bach's time in Leipzig. Chamber music, food and drink offered in a cafe style setting add to the convivial nature of the evening. The Coffee House will take place on May 13 and 20 from 7:00 - 9:30pm in Peter Hall, Moravian College.
Call 610.866.4382, ext 110 to schedule your audition.
Please send a recommendation from your teacher of private lessons by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, February 17 - 1:00 pm to 5:30 pm
440 Heckewelder Place
Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 12:30 pm to 3 pm
Final auditions / Dress rehearsal
Zimmermann's Audition requirements:
• College or High School Students
• Must reside or study in PMEA District 10 (Berks, Carbon, Lehigh, Monroe, Northampton, Pike or Schuylkill counties) or Bucks county
• Instrumentalists or singers of advanced ability
• Baroque music for solo instruments and voices or ENSEMBLES (vocal or instrumental)
• Ensembles are very much encouraged.
• Your audition piece does not have to be by Bach. We encourage a variety of Baroque music so that the program can be a varied and festive one with plenty of up tempo pieces included.
• Each soloist/ensemble should prepare 6-8 minutes of music: From 8 to 16 acts will be chosen to perform over the two Festival weekends.
The Bach Choir of Bethlehem Auditions:
The Bach Choir of Bethlehem is an all-volunteer choral ensemble. Auditions are held annually in late August. Each singer is asked to sing an aria or hymn of their choosing, as well as to do some sight-reading and vocalization.
In addition to regular choir members, The Bach Choir also accepts several Choral Scholars by audition each season. Choral Scholars are high school seniors who are paired with a Bach Choir mentor and who participate in all of the rehearsals and performances with The Bach Choir. The audition expectations for Choral Scholars are the same as for regular choir members.
2016-2017 Concert Season:
Auditions for our current season are now closed.
Audition dates for our 2017 - 2018 season will be posted in August, 2017.
“Being a Bach Choir Choral Scholar has taken me more places than I thought I would go. Not only the exposure to the music of J.S. Bach, but the opportunity to learn and share it with others has been one of, if not the greatest experience of my life here in Bethlehem.”
-Madelyn Dundon, Bethlehem Catholic H.S.
“The Bach Choir was a worthwhile growing experience. The challenging repertoire is just what any dedicated chorister needs to expand their horizons. Plus, it helps when The Choir members and Staff are wonderful people and a blast to hang out with.”
-James Kinyon, Southern Lehigh High School